Monday 11 April 2011

She Flys!

An early pass to the first BMFA race of the year gave me the chance to test out the Willow off the back of the Wrecker whilst the 60inch lads raced the crest.  With the potential channel clashes is made me glad I designed it fully 2.4 compatible (even though I was on 35meg).

   With setting a guess and CG an estimate there was only ever going to be 1 result to the first launch- like she was on railsJ  After driving down with a mixture of feelings from Christmas day to a final exam it was a fantastic relief to have her in the air and eating up the sky. 

  Now you’d expect me to say it but the she flew so well and so easily (best thing since sliced Elipse).  Without ballast she ticked all the boxes I could have asked for-

Flys straight,
Went up so nicely in lift,
agile handling to put a smile on your face,
 Pick up her skirt and go,
Landing as easy as you like.

  Over the next few weeks it will give me the chance to get the set up tweaked whilst the first full carbon ‘Beta’ versions are built. 


Thanks To Rhys for the picture- as I managed to leave my camera in the car in all the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment